Bang & Olufsen is a brand that’s synonymous with high-quality audio products, and their Beoplay headphones are no exception. The Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9 are two of their most popular noise-canceling headphones, and in this article, we’ll compare the two to help you decide which one is right for you.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9?
- How is the Design of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9?
- How is the Comfort of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9?
- How is the Sound Quality of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9?
- How is the Noise Canceling Performance of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9?
- How is the Battery Life of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9?
- How is the Connectivity in Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9?
- Which Noise Canceling Headphone to Buy?
|Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX||Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H9
|Product Dimensions ||7.4 x 6.6 x 2.6 inches|
|7.6 x 8 x 2 inches
|Shipping Weight||10.1 ounces|
|Shop now at Amazon||click here||click here
About the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay H9
The Beoplay HX by Bang & Olufsen strike a balance between being a typical and atypical product from the brand. While they feature the luxurious and distinctive materials that the company is known for, they don’t prioritize design over performance, and their pricing is not as far removed from the mainstream as many other B&O products. Although they are expensive, they offer excellent value for their specifications, including active noise-canceling technology and wireless capabilities. Overall, the Beoplay HX are a covetable and high-performing option for those willing to invest in quality headphones. Read also: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Bose Noise Cancelling 700.
The Beoplay H9 is also a wireless headphones from Bang & Olufsen are a top-tier product that offers a range of features, including exceptional active noise cancellation, the brand’s signature sound, luxurious materials and craftsmanship, a long battery life, and built-in Google Assistant. At around $400, the Beoplay H9 is an excellent upgrade over its predecessor, the Beoplay H9i, featuring the same high-quality cowhide leather headband and padded quadrants on the cloth underside.
Design and Build Quality
Both the Beoplay HX and Beoplay H9 have a premium look and feel. The HX has a more modern, streamlined design, with a brushed aluminum frame and soft leather ear cups. It comes in five colors: Black Anthracite, Gold Tone, Dark Maroon, Sand, and Timber. The H9, on the other hand, has a more traditional design, with a polished aluminum frame and lambskin ear cups. It also comes in five colors: Argilla Bright, Matte Black, Grey Mist, Peony, and Anthracite.
Both headphones are well-built and durable, with a solid construction that can withstand regular use. However, the HX feels slightly more sturdy due to its aluminum frame. As for the material weight, these headphones feel almost identical on head and approximately 10 ounces.
Comfort is an essential factor to consider when choosing headphones, especially if you plan on wearing them for extended periods. Both the HX and H9 have comfortable ear cups that provide a good seal around your ears, which helps with noise isolation.
The HX has the same round ear cups and is also comfortable for people with larger ears. Additionally, these headphones are reasonably weighted at 285 grams or 295 grams with the cable, making them pretty comfortable even for hours of listening session.
Sound quality is arguably the most critical factor to consider when buying headphones. Both the HX and H9 deliver excellent sound quality, with clear, balanced audio across the frequency range. The HX has a slightly more neutral sound signature, with a more accurate representation of music across all genres. On the other hand, the H9 has a thinner overall presentation which is surprising because the same songs doesnt feel as impactful through its driver unlike the HX series.
Both the HX and H9 feature active noise cancellation, which helps block out external sounds for a more immersive listening experience. However, the HX has better noise cancellation than the H9, thanks to its advanced Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation technology. The HX uses six microphones to measure and cancel out external noise, making it ideal for use in noisy environments like airplanes or trains. The H9, on the other hand, uses four microphones and doesn’t cancel out as much noise as the HX. Read also: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs H95.
Battery life is an essential factor to consider when choosing headphones, especially if you plan on using them on the go. The HX has a battery life of up to 35 hours with noise cancellation turned on, while the H9 has a battery life of up to 25 hours with noise cancellation turned on. Both headphones also support quick charging, allowing you to get several hours of use from just a few minutes of charging.
Both the HX and H9 support Bluetooth 5.1, which provides a stable, low-latency connection to your device. Additionally, they both support AAC and SBC audio codecs, which ensure high-quality audio streaming. The HX also supports the aptX Adaptive codec, which provides high-quality audio streaming with low latency. The H9 doesn’t support this codec, which means you might experience a slight delay when watching videos or playing games.
- EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE HEADPHONES. Designed with extended wear in mind, Beoplay HX have a comfortable, lightweight build and elegant touch control.
- POWERFUL ANC. A new generation of hybrid active noise cancellation compensates for background noise, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in sound.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY. With up to 30 hours of playtime on a single charge, Beoplay HX push the boundaries to give you more time to enjoy your music.
- TIMELESS ELEGANCE. Authentic Scandinavian aesthetics ensure a minimalist design that complements a busy lifestyle and strong personal style.
- Easy Listening: Adjust the volume, change tracks, and take calls with on-device touch controls. A dedicated button for your device’s native voice assistant makes operating your headphones even easier.
- Background Noise Control: Advanced Active Noise Cancellation reduces both high- and low-frequency background noises. Transparency Mode lets you tune back in to the outside world with a swipe of the touchpad.
- A Sound Experience: With a bass port for deep sound and two dedicated microphones for enhanced voice call clarity, these Bluetooth headphones provide unparalleled Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound.
- Freedom to move: Beoplay H9 wireless over-ear headphones can be paired with up to two devices at a time and will remember up to eight. A 10-metre operating range keeps you free to move.
Both the Beoplay HX and Beoplay H9 are excellent noise-canceling headphones, and choosing between them depends on your needs and preferences. The HX has better noise cancellation, more pleasant sound production, a more modern design, and a longer battery life, making it ideal for frequent travelers or people who need to block out external noise in noisy environments. The H9, on the other hand feels like a lower version of HX which is actually still impressive in general.