Bang & Olufsen is a renowned Danish brand that has been producing high-quality audio equipment for over 95 years. Their latest offering, the Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay Portal noise-canceling headphones, have been making waves in the audio industry. In this article, we will compare the two headphones and help you decide which one is the best fit for you.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal?
- How is the Design of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal?
- How is the Sound Quality of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal?
- How is the Noise Canceling Performance of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal?
- How is the Battery Life of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal?
- How is the Connectivity in Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal?
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay Portal
- Which Noise Canceling Headphone to Buy?
|Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX||Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal
|Product Dimensions ||7.4 x 6.6 x 2.6 inches|
|8.6 x 9.1 x 2.7 inches
|Shipping Weight||10.1 ounces|
|Shop now at Amazon||click here||click here
About the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal
The Beoplay HX headphones from Bang & Olufsen exhibit the company’s signature use of premium materials and construction, but with a focus on performance over design. While still pricey, they are not as exorbitantly priced as one would expect. These active noise-canceling wireless over-ear headphones offer impressive specifications, making them a worthy contender among other capable alternatives. Additionally, the intangible feeling of “pride of ownership” is high, further adding to their appeal. Read also: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay H9.
Similarly, the Beoplay Portal by Bang & Olufsen is a premium headset designed for individuals seeking an all-in-one audio solution. It can connect to various devices such as Xbox consoles, smartphones via Bluetooth, and devices with a 3.5mm headphone jack (when turned on). The latest version, released in early 2022, added compatibility with PS5 and PS4 consoles via USB-C and USB-A dongles, while also enabling dual simultaneous-audio support with mobile connections over Bluetooth.
Design and Build Quality
Both the Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal have a sleek and stylish design that exudes elegance. The HX features an over-ear design, while the Portal has an on-ear design. The HX is available in five color options, while the Portal is available in three colors. The HX has a sturdy construction, with a combination of aluminum, leather, and fabric. The ear cups are padded with memory foam, making them comfortable for extended listening sessions. The Portal, on the other hand, has a more flexible and lightweight design, which doesn’t feel as premium as the other.
The Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal both deliver excellent sound quality. The HX has 40mm electro-dynamic drivers that produce rich and clear sound. The bass is punchy and deep, without overpowering the mids and highs. The HX also supports aptX Adaptive, which delivers high-quality wireless audio.
The Portal has 40mm drivers as well, but they use neodymium magnets that provide a more powerful sound. The bass is more emphasized than the HX, but it still maintains a good balance with the mids and highs. The Portal also supports Dolby Atmos for headphones, which creates an immersive 3D sound experience.
The noise cancellation performance of the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal headphones is generally considered to be very good. Both headphones feature active noise cancellation technology that effectively blocks out external noise, allowing users to fully immerse themselves in their audio content. However, some reviews suggest that the Beoplay HX may offer slightly better noise cancellation performance than the Beoplay Portal. Overall, both headphones are considered to be high-quality options for those who prioritize noise cancellation in their headphones.
The Beoplay HX has a battery life of up to 35 hours with ANC turned on, while the Portal has a battery life of up to 12 hours with ANC and Bluetooth turned on. Both headphones support fast charging, with the HX providing 3 hours of playback with just a 15-minute charge, but you can use both headphones with cable if necessary since the option is there and will save you the battery life whenever Bluetooth is compromised.
The Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal both support Bluetooth 5.1, which provides stable and low-latency wireless connectivity. They also support multipoint connection, which allows you to connect to two devices simultaneously. The HX also supports Microsoft Swift Pair, which makes it easy to connect to Windows 10 devices. We have heard that Portal can’t manage a solid connection with Xbox so it should be a concern if you purposely buy the headphones for gaming on the console. Read also: Bose Noise Cancelling Vs AirPods MAX.
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Beoplay Portal
The Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal headphones differ in several ways:
- Design: The Beoplay HX is an over-ear headphone with a more luxurious material, while the Beoplay Portal is a gaming headset with a more modest look and material.
- Connectivity: The Beoplay Portal is primarily designed for gaming and features direct connectivity to Xbox and PlayStation consoles, while the Beoplay HX connects via Bluetooth or a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Noise cancellation: The Beoplay HX features advanced active noise cancellation technology, while the Beoplay Portal offers a more basic noise cancellation feature.
- Battery life: The Beoplay HX has a longer battery life than the Beoplay Portal, with up to 35 hours of playback time compared to 12 hours.
- Price: The Beoplay HX is generally twice more expensive than the Beoplay Portal, due differences in material and technology.
- EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE HEADPHONES. Designed with extended wear in mind, Beoplay HX have a comfortable, lightweight build and elegant touch control.
- POWERFUL ANC. A new generation of hybrid active noise cancellation compensates for background noise, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in sound.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY. With up to 30 hours of playtime on a single charge, Beoplay HX push the boundaries to give you more time to enjoy your music.
- TIMELESS ELEGANCE. Authentic Scandinavian aesthetics ensure a minimalist design that complements a busy lifestyle and strong personal style.
- ENGINEERED FOR GAMING. Packed with functions designed especially for gaming, including a lossless Xbox connection and quick, intuitive controls.
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION. Adaptive ANC eliminates all unwanted background noise, letting you fully focus on your game every time you play.
- IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND. Enjoy precise, immersive virtual surround Sound thanks to powerful drivers combined with Dolby Atmos for Headphones.
- CLEAR CONVERSATIONS. An innovative virtual boom-arm made up of four separate mics is blended with Own Voice technology to ensure clear communication.
In conclusion, both the Beoplay HX and Beoplay Portal are excellent noise-canceling headphones with their unique strengths. The HX has better battery life, superior build quality, and supports aptX Adaptive. The Portal, on the other hand, is lighter and more affordable for gaming purposes.