If you’re looking for premium headphones, the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX Vs Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2 are two great options. But which one is better? In this article, we’ll compare these two headphones in terms of design, comfort, sound quality, features, and price to help you make an informed decision.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2?
- How is the Design of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2?
- How is the Comfort of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2?
- How is the Sound Quality of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2?
- How is the Noise Canceling in Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2?
- What are the Features of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2?
- Which Headphones to Buy?
|Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX||Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2
|Product Dimensions ||7.4 x 6.6 x 2.6 inches|
|7.45 x 9.2 x 2.5 inches
|Shipping Weight||10.1 ounces|
|Shop now at Amazon||click here||click here
About Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2
The Beoplay HX by Bang & Olufsen is a top-tier wireless headphone model that has been designed and produced by the Danish company. As a successor to the Beoplay H9 and H95 models, it was launched in April 2021. The Beoplay HX boasts an active noise-canceling technology that utilizes microphones to capture surrounding sounds and eliminate them with a reverse sound wave, providing an immersive listening experience. Additionally, it includes a transparency mode, allowing you to hear your surroundings while still enjoying your music. Read also: Bose Noise Cancelling Vs AirPods MAX.
The Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2 was released as an update to the original PX7 model and features several improvements in design and performance. The PX7 S2 boasts advanced noise-canceling technology that uses six microphones to block out external sounds, providing a distraction-free listening experience. The headphone also includes ambient pass-through mode, allowing you to hear your surroundings without removing the headphone. The headphone is constructed with high-quality materials, including carbon fiber composite arms for strength and durability.
When it comes to design, both the Beoplay HX and PX7 S2 headphones are sleek and stylish. The Beoplay HX features a clean and minimalist design with an aluminum frame and soft leather earcups. It also comes in four different colors, including black, sand, timber, and mist. On the other hand, the PX7 S2 has a more traditional design with a carbon fiber composite material and a fabric headband with oval shape instead of round. It’s available in two colors, black and silver.
Comfort is an important factor when it comes to headphones, especially if you plan on wearing them for extended periods of time. The Beoplay HX features plush memory foam earpads and an adjustable headband, making it comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The earcups also rotate, which helps to provide a better fit. The PX7 S2 also has memory foam earpads and an adjustable headband, but some users have reported that it can be a bit tight on their head.
When it comes to sound quality, both headphones deliver excellent performance. The Beoplay HX features 40mm electro-dynamic drivers that provide a rich and balanced sound. It also has support for high-resolution audio codecs like AAC and AptX. The PX7 S2, on the other hand, features 43mm drivers and a unique driver placement that provides a more immersive sound experience. It also has support for AptX Adaptive, which adjusts the bitrate based on the content being played.
The Beoplay HX utilizes hybrid active noise-canceling technology, which combines feedforward and feedback microphones to cancel out ambient noise. It also has transparency mode, allowing you to hear your surroundings while still enjoying your music. Reviewers have generally praised the Beoplay HX for its noise-canceling performance, citing its ability to block out a wide range of sounds effectively.
Similarly, the PX7 S2 utilizes six microphones to cancel out external sounds, which is more than the original PX7 model. It also includes ambient pass-through mode, allowing you to hear your surroundings. Reviewers have also praised the PX7 S2 for its noise-canceling capabilities, noting that it does an excellent job of blocking out both low and high-frequency sounds. Read also: Bose QuietComfort 45 Vs AirPods MAX.
The Beoplay HX and PX7 S2 both come with a variety of features that make them stand out from the crowd. The Beoplay HX features touch controls on the earcups, allowing you to control music playback, take calls, and activate voice assistants with ease. It also has support for Bluetooth 5.1 and a 35-hour battery life. The PX7 S2, on the other hand, has physical buttons on the earcups and supports Bluetooth 5.0. It also has a 30-hour battery life and support for wireless charging.
When it comes to price, the Beoplay HX is the more expensive of the two headphones. It retails for around $499, while the PX7 S2 retails for around $399. While the Beoplay HX is more expensive, it does come with a premium design and features like touch controls and high-resolution audio support.
- EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE HEADPHONES. Designed with extended wear in mind, Beoplay HX have a comfortable, lightweight build and elegant touch control.
- POWERFUL ANC. A new generation of hybrid active noise cancellation compensates for background noise, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in sound.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY. With up to 30 hours of playtime on a single charge, Beoplay HX push the boundaries to give you more time to enjoy your music.
- TIMELESS ELEGANCE. Authentic Scandinavian aesthetics ensure a minimalist design that complements a busy lifestyle and strong personal style.
- AN UPGRADE TO THE AWARD-WINNING PX7 - With a redesigned and optimized acoustic system an all-new angled drive unit design and a more powerful motor system the B&W Px7 S2 over-ear headphones deliver class-leading audio performance with increased clarity
- NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES WITH MIC - The all-new active noise cancellation is designed to block unwanted noise and ensure superior musicality; Features (2) adjustable external microphones that enhance voice clarity significantly improving call qualityowerful motor system
- PREMIUM DESIGN FOR A COMFORTABLE FIT - With contemporary technical fabrics and lightweight polymer arms and all-round improvements to ear cushion fit these wireless headphones ensure optimum comfort across differing head-shapes even after extended use
- EASY OUT-OF-THE-BOX SETUP - The iOS/Android compatible B&W Music App allows you to adjust EQ settings enable voice control switch between ANC modes and more; Use the multi-function button on the ear cup to select from a range of different functions
In conclusion, both the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX and Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2 headphones are excellent options for those looking for premium headphones. The Beoplay HX has a more modern design and features like touch controls and high-resolution audio support, but it comes at a higher price point. The PX7 S2, on the other hand, has a more traditional design and a unique driver placement that provides an immersive sound experience. Ultimately, the decision between these two headphones comes down to personal preference and budget.