When it comes to noise-canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort 45 Vs Sony WH1000XM4 are two of the most popular options on the market. Both headphones have a reputation for being high-quality and offering excellent noise cancellation, but which one is the better choice? In this article, we will compare both noise canceling headphones in terms of design, sound quality, noise cancellation, and additional features.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4?
- How is the Design of Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4?
- How is the Sound Quality of Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4?
- How is the Noise Cancellation in Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4?
- What are the Features of Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4?
- Bose QuietComfort 45 Vs Sony WH1000XM4
- Which Noise Canceling Headphone to Buy?
|Bose QuietComfort 45||Sony WH-1000XM4
|Product Dimensions ||3 x 7.24 x 6 inches|
|7.27 x 3.03 x 9.94 inches
|Shipping Weight||15.5 ounces|
|Shop now at Amazon||click here||click here
About Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4
Bose QuietComfort 45 is the latest version of Bose’s popular QuietComfort line of noise-canceling headphones. It features advanced noise-canceling technology that blocks out a wide range of external noise, allowing you to focus on your music, calls, or other audio content. The QuietComfort 45 also features a new design with improved comfort and a longer battery life, as well as new features like Bose AR, which uses augmented reality technology to enhance your listening experience. Read also: Sony WH-1000XM5 Vs AirPods MAX.
Sony WH1000XM4 is a highly-rated noise-canceling headphone from Sony that is known for its excellent sound quality and noise-canceling performance. The WH1000XM4 has a sophisticated noise-canceling system that uses multiple microphones and advanced algorithms to cancel out background noise. It also has features like touch controls, voice assistant support, and adaptive sound control, which adjusts the noise canceling level based on your surroundings. The WH1000XM4 also has a long battery life and is highly comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
When it comes to design, the Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4 have a similar look. Both headphones have a sleek and modern design, with comfortable ear cups and a sturdy headband. The Bose headphones are available in black or white, while the Sony headphones come in black, silver, or blue.
The Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones are a bit heavier than the Sony WH1000XM4, weighing in at 254 grams compared to the Sony headphones’ 241 grams. Both headphones are foldable and come with a carrying case for easy portability.
When it comes to sound quality, both headphones offer a high-quality listening experience. The Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones have a balanced sound signature, with clear and accurate highs, mids, and lows. The bass is not overly emphasized, but it is still present and impactful.
The Sony WH1000XM4 headphones have a more customizable sound, with EQ settings that allow you to adjust the sound to your personal preferences. The bass is more emphasized on the Sony headphones, which some users may prefer.
One of the most important features of noise-canceling headphones is, of course, the noise cancellation. Both the Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4 have excellent noise cancellation, but there are some differences.
The Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones use a combination of active noise cancellation and passive noise isolation to block out external noise. The noise cancellation is excellent, and the headphones can block out a wide range of frequencies. However, some users have reported that the noise cancellation is not as strong as on the previous QuietComfort 35 model.
The Sony WH1000XM4 headphones also use a combination of active and passive noise cancellation, but they use a more advanced noise-canceling processor that can adjust to your surroundings in real-time. This allows the headphones to block out more noise than the Bose headphones, especially in noisy environments.
Both the Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4 headphones come with a range of additional features that make them even more appealing.
The Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones have a built-in microphone for taking phone calls, as well as touch controls on the ear cups for easy navigation. The headphones also support voice assistants like Siri and Google Assistant.
The Sony WH1000XM4 headphones also have a built-in microphone for phone calls and touch controls on the ear cups. They also have a Speak-to-Chat feature that automatically pauses your music when you start talking and resumes it when you stop. Additionally, the Sony headphones support LDAC, a high-quality Bluetooth codec that provides better sound quality than standard Bluetooth. Read also: Sony Inzone H9 Vs Sony WH1000 XM5.
Bose QuietComfort 45 Vs Sony WH1000XM4
Here are some differences between the Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4:
- Noise cancellation technology: Both headphones have excellent noise cancellation, but they use different approaches. Bose uses what they call “Acoustic Noise Canceling” technology, which uses a combination of active and passive noise cancellation. Sony, on the other hand, uses “Dual Noise Sensor” technology, which uses two microphones on each ear cup to capture and cancel out more noise.
- Sound quality: Both headphones have high-quality sound, but some people prefer the sound signature of one over the other. Bose headphones typically have a more neutral and balanced sound, while Sony headphones have a more bass-forward sound. However, both headphones allow you to adjust the EQ settings to your liking.
- Comfort and fit: Comfort is a highly personal preference, but some people find that Bose headphones are more comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Bose headphones have a slightly lighter and more compact design, which some people find more comfortable. However, Sony headphones have a more flexible headband that can fit a wider variety of head sizes and shapes.
- Battery life: The Bose QuietComfort 45 has a battery life of up to 24 hours, while the Sony WH1000XM4 has a battery life of up to 30 hours. Both headphones also have quick charging capabilities, which can give you several hours of listening time with just a few minutes of charging.
- Features: Both headphones have a variety of features, such as touch controls, voice assistant support, and app-based customization options. However, there are some differences in the details of the features. For example, Bose headphones have a feature called “Conversation Mode,” which temporarily pauses the noise cancellation so you can hear your surroundings. Sony headphones have a feature called “Speak-to-Chat,” which automatically pauses the music and turns off the noise cancellation when you start speaking.
- Noise cancelling wireless headphones – The perfect balance of quiet, comfort, and sound. Bose uses tiny mics to measure, compare, and react to outside noise, cancelling it with opposite signals. Bluetooth range-up to 9 m (30 feet). Compatible App-Bose Music app
- High-fidelity audio – The TriPort acoustic architecture offers depth and fullness. Volume-optimized Active EQ maintains balanced performance at any volume, so bass stays consistent when turned down and the music remains clear when turned up.
- Quiet and Aware Modes – Choose Quiet Mode for full noise cancelling, or Aware Mode to bring the outside into the around ear headphones and hear your environment and your music at the same time.
- Personalize your audio. Adjustable EQ allows you to set the bass, mid-range, and treble levels to your personal preferences or select one of several preset options.
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Touch Sensor controls to pause play skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls.Note:If you face issue in Bluetooth connectivity please turn off the Bluetooth function for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on
In conclusion, both the Bose QuietComfort 45 and Sony WH1000XM4 are excellent noise-canceling headphones that offer high-quality sound, comfortable design, and excellent noise cancellation. However, there are some differences between the two headphones that may make one a better choice for you.
If you prioritize noise cancellation, want a headphone that can block out more external noise, and a longer battery life, the Sony WH1000XM4 may be the better choice. However, if you value a balanced sound signature and want a headphone that is more accommodating for different head sizes, the Bose QuietComfort 45 may be the better option for you.