When it comes to gaming, having the right equipment is crucial. One of the most important pieces of equipment for any gamer is a good headset. A high-quality gaming headset can make all the difference in terms of immersion and overall gaming experience. This time we’ll be comparing two of the most popular gaming headsets on the market: the Corsair HS65 Vs HyperX Cloud 2.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2?
- How is the Design of Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2?
- How is the Comfort of Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2?
- How is the Sound Quality from Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2?
- How is the Microphone Quality in Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2?
- How is the Compatibility of Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2?
- Corsair HS65 Vs HyperX Cloud 2
- Which Gaming Headset to Buy?
|Corsair HS65||HyperX Cloud 2
|Product Dimensions ||7.32 x 3.07 x 7.72 inches||4.33 x 4.33 x 3.54 inches
|Shipping Weight||9.9 ounces||8.3 ounces
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About the Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2
If you’re a gamer in search of a wired headset with exceptional audio and customization features, the Corsair HS65 is an excellent option. This gaming headset boasts 7.1 virtual surround sound, a detachable noise-canceling microphone, and customizable RGB lighting. Additionally, it’s designed to be lightweight and comfortable, with memory foam ear cups ideal for extended gaming sessions. In summary, the Corsair HS65 is perfect for gamers who crave immersive audio and the ability to customize their headset. Read also: Logitech G535 Vs G533.
The HyperX Cloud 2 is another wired gaming headset that features 7.1 virtual surround sound, memory foam ear cups, and a detachable noise-canceling microphone. It has a durable aluminum frame and comes with interchangeable ear pads for personalized comfort. Additionally, it includes an inline audio control box for adjusting volume and mic settings. The Cloud 2 is suitable for gamers who want a comfortable, high-quality wired gaming headset with customizable options and durability.
Design and Build Quality
Both the Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headsets are built with high-quality materials that ensure durability and longevity. The Corsair HS65 features an aluminum frame with a matte finish and is available in either black or white color options; it is also lightweight at 282 grams. On the other hand, the HyperX Cloud 2 has a more rugged design with a sturdy metal frame and leatherette ear cups. It comes in a variety of color options, including red, pink, and gunmetal. This headset is also heavier at 320 grams.
Comfort is a crucial factor when it comes to gaming headsets, especially for gamers who spend long hours playing their favorite games. The Corsair HS65 has decent memory foam ear cups that provide excellent comfort even during long gaming sessions. The ear cups are also adjustable, allowing you to find the perfect fit for your head size, moreover this headset is lightweight. The HyperX Cloud 2, on the other hand, has leatherette ear cups that provide excellent passive noise isolation. It also has memory foam padding that molds to your ears for a comfortable fit, but heavier and a bit tighter.
Sound quality is arguably the most critical factor when it comes to gaming headsets. The Corsair HS65 is equipped with custom-tuned 50mm neodymium drivers that provide immersive 7.1 surround sound. The headset also has a frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz, ensuring that you can hear even the smallest details in your game. The HyperX Cloud 2, on the other hand, has 53mm neodymium drivers that deliver excellent sound quality with deep bass and crisp highs. It also has a frequency response of 15Hz-25kHz, providing a broader range of sound.
A good microphone is essential for in-game communication, and both the Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headsets deliver in this aspect. The Corsair HS65 has a unidirectional microphone that provides clear voice communication and has a frequency response of 100Hz-10kHz. It also has noise-canceling technology that eliminates background noise for crystal-clear communication. The HyperX Cloud 2 has a detachable noise-canceling microphone that provides clear voice communication and has a frequency response of 50Hz-18kHz.
Compatibility and Connectivity
Both the Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headsets are compatible with a wide range of gaming devices, including PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. The Corsair HS65 connects via standard 3.5mm jack and is compatible with Windows and macOS operating systems. The HyperX Cloud 2 also connects via a 3.5mm audio jack and is compatible with PC, Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and mobile devices.
Price is always a significant consideration when it comes to purchasing gaming headsets. The wired version of Corsair HS65 is priced at around $40, making it a mid-range gaming headset. The HyperX Cloud 2, on the other hand, is priced at around $80, making it the more expensive option. Read also: Logitech G535 Vs G Pro X.
Corsair HS65 Vs HyperX Cloud 2
The Corsair HS65 and HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headsets are both popular choices among gamers, but they have some differences in their features and design.
- Design: The HS65 has a sleek, modern design with customizable RGB lighting, while the Cloud 2 has a more classic appearance. The material is also more solid on the Cloud 2, but it makes the headset heavier.
- Sound Quality: Both headsets offer 7.1 surround sound, but the Cloud 2 has a slightly better frequency response range and a higher impedance rating, resulting in better sound quality.
- Microphone: Both headsets have a detachable noise-canceling microphone, but the Cloud 2 has a more flexible boom microphone that is also detachable when not needed.
- Comfort: The HS65 has memory foam ear cups and a lightweight design that provides comfort during extended gaming sessions, while the Cloud 2 has a more durable aluminum frame, but feels heavier and tighter on the head especially when still new.
- Cable Length: The HS65 has a shorter cable length than the Cloud 2 especially with the extension cable.
- Price: The HS65 is typically priced lower than the Cloud 2, but this may vary depending on sales and promotions.
- Hours of Comfortable Gaming: Leatherette memory foam ear cups with soft fabric, a mesh grill ear cup design, and an adjustable headband with aluminum-reinforced construction provide lightweight comfort just 282g.
- Great Gaming Audio: High-quality, custom-tuned 50mm neodymium audio drivers deliver excellent sound with the range needed to hear everything on the battlefield, plus support for Sony Tempest 3D audio on PS5.
- Dolby Audio 7.1 Surround Sound on PC and Mac: The included USB adapter enables a multi-channel audio experience, putting you right in the middle of your game.
- SonarWorks SoundID Technology: For customized sound control that tailors your headset settings to your personal audio tastes on PC and Mac.
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game
The Corsair HS65 is a great budget-friendly option that offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit, while the HyperX Cloud 2 offers superior sound isolation and a more immersive sound experience. If you’re looking for a lightweight, budget-friendly gaming headset that still delivers great sound quality, the Corsair HS65 is an excellent choice. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more immersive gaming experience and don’t mind spending a bit more, the HyperX Cloud 2 is the way to go.