Gaming headsets have become a must-have accessory for gamers who want to enjoy an immersive gaming experience. With so many options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Today we will see two popular wireless gaming headsets from Corsair and Razer, the Corsair HS70 Pro Vs Razer Barracuda X, to help you make an informed decision.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Corsair HS70 Pro and Razer Barracuda X?
- How is the Design of Corsair HS70 Pro and Razer Barracuda X?
- How is the Audio Quality in Corsair HS70 Pro and Razer Barracuda X?
- How is the Battery Life of Corsair HS70 Pro and Razer Barracuda X?
- How is the Price of Corsair HS70 Pro and Razer Barracuda X?
- Corsair HS70 Pro Vs Razer Barracuda X
- Which Wireless Gaming Headset to Buy?
|Corsair HS70 Pro||Razer Barracuda X
|Product Dimensions ||6.3 x 3.94 x 8.07 inches|
|3.32 x 6.4 x 7.34 inches
|Shipping Weight||11.7 ounces|
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About Corsair HS70 Pro and Razer Barracuda X
The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless is a closed-back headset with large 50mm neodymium drivers that provide clear and accurate sound. It features a comfortable over-ear design with memory foam earpads and an adjustable headband for a secure fit. The HS70 Pro Wireless has a range of up to 40 feet and offers up to 16 hours of battery life. It also has a detachable noise-canceling microphone that can be easily removed when not in use. Read also: Corsair HS70 Pro Vs Logitech G Pro X.
The Razer Barracuda X Wireless is also a closed-back headset with TriForce 40mm drivers that deliver immersive and powerful sound. It features a lightweight design with plush memory foam ear cushions and a padded headband for comfortable gaming sessions. The Barracuda X has a range of up to 30 feet and offers up to 20 hours of battery life. It also has a detachable, hyperclear cardioid microphone that reduces background noise for clear communication.
Design and Comfort
The design and comfort of a gaming headset are crucial factors to consider, especially for gamers who spend long hours gaming. The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless comes with memory foam earpads and a padded headband that provides a comfortable fit. The ear cups have a 90-degree swivel design that ensures a perfect fit. Additionally, the HS70 Pro Wireless has a sleek, understated design that looks good and doesn’t draw too much attention.
On the other hand, the Razer Barracuda X Wireless has a more gamer-centric design, with Razer’s aesthetic. The Barracuda X Wireless also has memory foam ear cushions and a padded headband, providing a comfortable fit. However, if you like a lightweight headset, we can say the Barracuda X is much lighter than the HS70 Pro at 250 grams versus 350 grams.
Audio quality is the most important factor for a gaming headset. The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless features custom-tuned 50mm neodymium audio drivers that provide immersive 7.1 surround sound. The headset also has a noise-canceling microphone that filters out background noise for clear communication. The audio quality is excellent, with clear and detailed sound.
The Razer Barracuda X Wireless also has custom-tuned 40mm drivers that deliver immersive 7.1 surround sound. The headset features a detachable cardioid microphone that provides clear and crisp audio. However, the audio quality is not as good as the Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless, with slightly muted highs and lows.
Connectivity and Battery Life
Both headsets feature wireless connectivity, allowing gamers to move around without being tethered to their gaming rig. The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless uses a 2.4GHz wireless connection that provides a stable and low-latency connection. The headset also comes with a USB dongle that provides a range of up to 40 feet. The battery life is excellent, with up to 16 hours of continuous use. Read also: Corsair HS70 Pro Vs HyperX Cloud II.
The Razer Barracuda X Wireless uses the same technology. While wireless is pretty reliable, it is less convenient compared to Bluetooth as you have to rely on the provided dongle and it means we can’t connect the headset to several devices simultaneously.
Price and Value for Money
The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless is priced at around $109, which is excellent value for money, considering the features and build quality. The headset is an excellent choice for gamers who want a high-quality wireless gaming headset without breaking the bank. The Razer Barracuda X Wireless is currently priced at around $80, which is also good value for money, moreover this headset has a better battery life.
Corsair HS70 Pro Vs Razer Barracuda X
While both the Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless and the Razer Barracuda X Wireless are wireless gaming headsets that offer high-quality audio and are compatible with multiple platforms, there are a few key differences between them:
- Design: The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless weighs at 330 grams, while the Razer Barracuda X Wireless is only 250 grams, making the latter lighter and more comfortable for prolonged use.
- Drivers: The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless has larger 50mm neodymium drivers, while the Razer Barracuda X Wireless has 40mm TriForce drivers. This can affect the sound quality and bass response of the headsets, but both provide immersive audio for gaming.
- Battery Life: The Razer Barracuda X Wireless offers a longer battery life of up to 20 hours, while the Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless offers up to 16 hours of battery life. This may be an important consideration for users who need a longer battery life for extended gaming sessions.
- Price: The Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless is generally more expensive than the Razer Barracuda X Wireless, but prices can vary depending on promotions and sales.
- Headset Wireless Range Up to 40ft.Headphones fit type:On-Ear.Headphone Sensitivity 111dB (plus/minus3dB)
- Adjustable ear cups fitted with plush memory foam provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay.
- High-quality, custom-tuned 50mm neodymium Audio drivers deliver superb sound quality with the range to hear everything you need to on the battlefield.
- An omnidirectional microphone picks up your voice with exceptional clarity, with a flip-up mute function and a built-in LED mute indicator. Headphone Frequency Response:20Hz - 20 kHz,Impedance: 32 Ohms at 1 kHz
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- Wireless USB-C Multi-Platform Connectivity: With a high-speed 2.4GHz connection, enjoy seamless audio whether you’re gaming at home or out with your phone, easily jumping between devices thanks to a versatile USB-C dongle with USB-A extender
- 250g Ergonomic Design: Built for gaming marathons yet portable enough for daily commutes, its lightweight build is complemented by breathable memory foam ear cushions and swiveling earcups for a snug, comfortable fit
- Razer TriForce 40mm Drivers: Our patented 3-part driver design pushes out exceptional highs, mids and lows that doesn’t muddy, providing deeper gaming immersion and a more dynamic listening experience for music and videos
Both the Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless and the Razer Barracuda X Wireless are excellent wireless gaming headsets. However, the Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless comes out as the winner in audio quality, while the Barracuda X is better for the lightweight and battery life. The choice should comes down to your personal preferences and your priority.