Office headsets vary based on price and performance. A good office headset is compatible with your devices and sounds good like the Jabra Engage 75 Vs Plantronics Savi 8220. These headsets are perfect for those working in a call center or making and receiving calls daily. While designed for the same purposes, these headsets share some differences, so today, we will see what they can offer and which fits you best.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220?
- How is the Design of Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220?
- How is the Sound Quality of Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220?
- How is the Microphone in Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220?
- What is the Connectivity Mode in Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220?
- How is the Battery Life of Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220?
- Jabra Engage 75 Vs Plantronics Savi 8220
- Which Office Headset to Buy?
|Jabra Engage 75||Plantronics Savi 8220
|Product Dimensions ||5.8 x 7.5 x 3.7 inches|
|9.4 x 8.6 x 7.5 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.21 pounds|
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About the Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220
Office headsets are handy to improve sound quality, especially when you take and receive calls daily. Many good office headsets are affordable, but we suggest getting one that works with your primary device while maintaining performance, especially on the microphone. The Jabra Engage 75, and Plantronics Savi 8220 are some of the best office headsets you can buy for their versatility. These headsets connect to your computer and phone, but they are best for indoor use because the design and connectivity prevent you from wearing them outside.
These headsets are easy to connect to different devices. The sound quality is pretty good, but they won’t compete with your dedicated headphones if you are serious about the audio quality. The more important issue is the microphone quality because office headsets usually carry some of the best portable microphones compared to headphones and earbuds. Both Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 feature noise-canceling for the microphone part. The noise canceling is handy to reduce the background noise, especially if you work with other coworkers. Read also: Jabra Engage 75 Vs Evolve2 85.
These headsets are compatible with smartphones because they are Bluetooth-capable. The main difference is that the Savi 8220 is a DECT, while the Engage is a Bluetooth headset. DECT and Bluetooth are similar, but the former is better if you want the longest range since the technology is generally better than Bluetooth. The sound quality is decent for an office headset, while the microphone is impressive. Both models also have a charging dock connecting to your computer or phone.
Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 Design
Like most office headsets, the Jabra Engage 75, and Plantronics Savi 8220 use an on-ear design with smaller earcups. These earcups sit on top of the ears but won’t cover them. The best part of this design is companies can make their headsets lightweight since many users wear them for many hours daily. The units are made of plastic, but the build quality is good. The microphone wand is adjustable, but they are not removable. In addition, these headsets have a dock, which is a center device to connect and charge them.
Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 Sound Quality
Let’s see the sound quality of Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 because some people love listening to music while working on something to concentrate and relax better. These headsets are fun but not on par with your headphones and earphones. The audio delivery tends to be thinner and less detailed, but we prefer Engage 75 because it is slightly better and more adequate for music. As for speech, the audio is okay; you can hear and understand the message during calls and conferences.
You may hear that Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 have noise canceling, but it is for Savi 8820. This headset has stereo sound and ANC on the speaker to help you get more immersed in the music or concentrate better on the calls. The audio delivery of these headsets relies on the fit. Thus, achieving the best fit is crucial for sound quality, and it varies depending on factors like head size and shape, including hairstyles and whether or not you wear glasses.
Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 Microphone
As for the microphone, the Jabra Engage 75, and Plantronics Savi 8220 are fantastic. The microphone is mounted on an adjustable wand and features noise canceling or reduction. The performance is excellent in removing background noise, even though your coworker is chatting with you. These microphones can remove or dampen background noise, such as a car engine, an active fan, keyboard typing noise, a printing machine, etc. The recording quality is much better than typical headphones and earbuds. These microphones also feature a mute button.
Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 Connectivity
The connectivity is the main difference between Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220. One is Bluetooth, and the other is DECT, meaning it should have a greater range than typical Bluetooth headsets like Engage 75. Surprisingly, the Bluetooth range of Engage 75 is 150 meters in the line of sight, which is the same as Poly promised for Savi 8220 at 580 feet or 150 meters. Of course, these claims are most likely when there is no obstacle between the headset and its dock. Obstruction will reduce the range to about 45 meters.
Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220 Battery Life
We also want to see the battery life of Jabra Engage 75 and Plantronics Savi 8220. Your experience may vary because factors like the application and volume level affect power consumption. Jabra and Poly claim the Engage 75 and Savi 8220 last 13 hours of talking time, which should be enough for most people. The purchase includes a charging dock that you should put on the table. We love these docks as they are handy for navigating the connectivity and remind you always to return the headset when idle. Read also: Jabra Engage 75 Vs Evolve 65.
Jabra Engage 75 Vs Plantronics Savi 8220
The Jabra Engage 75, and Plantronics Savi 8220 are some of the best office headsets for sound and microphone quality. The Savi 8220 uses DECT, while Engage 75 has Bluetooth, but the range is similar. The sound quality is slightly better on the Engage 75, but the microphone’s performance is equally amazing thanks to the noise reduction technology. The Savi 8220 has decent noise canceling on the stereo speakers, which is handy to help you concentrate better. Battery life is similar; you can pull 13 hours of continuous use on both models.
- Industry leading performance – Enjoy superior wireless connectivity with the Jabra Engage 75 Wireless Headset. With a range of up to 150 meters/490 feet, you can work away from your desk and still maintain quality sound and service.
- Increase agent focus – Overcome interruptions with an integrated busy light that acts as a do-not-disturb sign for colleagues. Plus, the advanced noise cancelling microphone and enhanced speakers allows for crystal clear calls and improved focus.
- All-day battery – Get up to 13 hours of talk time with the Jabra Engage 75. When you do need to charge your call center headset, the fast charge feature powers it to 40% in just 30 minutes and 100% in 90 minutes.
- Enhanced hearing protection – Jabra Engage Wireless features high levels of hearing protection, which is key for heavy users. With more innovations to safeguard intensive use, you can comfortably use this office headset all day.
- Connects To: PC and Mac via included USB-A cable, desk phones via included cable and smartphones via Bluetooth. Certified for use with Microsoft Teams and compatible with other leading collaboration and voice platforms.
- Ideal For: Professionals using a variety of desk phone, smartphone, and PC communication.
- Audio Performance: Keep background noise out of your call with a noise-canceling microphone and close conversation limiting. Stay focused with active noise cancellation (ANC) and stereo audio.
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Work Better, Hands Free, with a roaming range of up to 180 m/590 ft. Talk all day with up to 13 hours of talk time per charge.
There is no wrong choice, as these headsets have similar features. However, we recommend the Savi 8220 for its ANC speaker because the technology is handy, and the headset is more affordable with the same range and battery life. The microphone is clean, and the connectivity modes allow it to connect to different devices.