Jabra is one of the most well-known audio product manufacturers, with many exciting options for your office. The Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 40 are some of the best offerings from the collection for sound quality and microphone performance. These headsets are also comfortable and versatile for calls and music, so let’s see which you like better because the price difference is an apparent reason to consider the latter.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40?
- How is the Design of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40?
- How is the Sound Quality of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40?
- How is the Microphone in Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40?
- How is the Connectivity of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40?
- How is the Battery Life on Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40?
- Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 40
- Which Jabra Office Headset to Buy?
|Jabra Evolve2 65||Jabra Evolve2 40
|Product Dimensions ||7.48 x 2.64 x 5.71 inches|
|8.62 x 2.24 x 7.4 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40
Most people may have heard of Jabra because they are famous audio product makers, especially speakers. Many of us owned Jabra desktop speakers, which have proven to be among the best, with considerably good prices and sound quality. Jabra also creates office headsets like the Evolve line, which consists of various models, and the Evolve2, a newer iteration with similar features and better design. The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 are some of the best offerings for office uses, but they are still versatile for casual applications. Read also: Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Logitech Zone Wireless.
The main difference between Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 is connectivity because one is wireless, while the latter is a wired model. Of course, this difference affects the overall user experience and not only about the connectivity but also convenience and compatibility. The best thing about wireless headsets is greater mobility and less cable hassle. The drawback is that it requires charging to power the unit, and some people often need to remember to do it. It is worth noting that Evolve2 65 doesn’t have a jack to work in battery mode.
On the other hand, the best part of being a wired headset like Evolve2 40 is no need for charging as your main device directly powers the headset. However, the biggest drawback is that we can’t use the headset on other devices like a smartphone as it doesn’t have Bluetooth like the Evolve2 65. In addition, you have to spare one USB-A or USB-B port to plug the headset, which can be an issue if you have a laptop with limited ports.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 Design
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 designs are similar and almost identical, if not for the cable, because the latter is a wired mode. As you can see, these headsets have thick padding on the headband and earcups. Unlike typical headphones, the earcups are round and smaller with an on-ear design, making them feel plusher. The finish is only available in black, but they look simple and elegant. The Evolve2 65 is wireless and Bluetooth, so you have the wireless dongle in the box, while the Evolve2 40 has a USB cable; the cable is removable.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 Sound Quality
One of the best parts of the Jabra Evolve2 series is the sound quality because the driver is impressive and bigger than most similar headsets in this price range. Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 use the same 40mm driver to deliver a rich and detailed sound for your calls and music. The speech may not need a better driver, but the music benefits from the hardware as it sounds better for all genres. The sound profile is more prominent on the bass range but still relatively balanced on the mid and high ranges.
Neither of these headsets has active noise canceling, so you must bear with the passive noise canceling from the padding. You can still hear coworkers talking right beside you when wearing these headsets. We dont see any meaningful delays for the wireless and Bluetooth modes on Evolve2 65; this is never an issue for wired headsets like Evolve2 40. You can also change the cable if necessary, especially with a longer cable, but the performance is not guaranteed since Jabra claims that it is better with the included USB.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 Microphone
The next part we want to see on a headset is the microphone quality, and again, the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 are impressive yet identical. The microphone is mounted on a boom wand and is adjustable to follow your mouth. The performance is impressive, and we believe there is a noise canceling or reduction on these microphones because the clarity is superb. We expect them to capture some background noise, but they can reduce it surprisingly well, especially for typical office spaces.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 Connectivity
We will discuss the connectivity since the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 have no additional features. The main difference between these headsets is connectivity because all specs are identical. The connectivity type falls into the subjective side, depending on how you use the headset. We love wireless headsets as they are more convenient and versatile if you need to connect to a smart device like a tablet or smartphone. However, some people prefer wired devices, and if you have a space USB port, the Evolve2 40 can be an excellent choice at a lower price point.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 Battery
Since the Evolve2 65 is a wireless model, this headset requires occasional charging, but the battery life is impressive, one of the best we have seen in similar headsets and headphones. This headset should last 37 hours while listening to music during the speaking time should be around 35 hours. The charging time is around 90 minutes or more than an hour, and this headset comes with a charging dock that you can place on the desk. The actual battery life may vary depending on the use. Read also: Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 85.
Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 40
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 are very similar as the performance is identical. The main difference between these headsets is connectivity because the Evolve2 40 is a wired model and only works with a device with a USB port. The other specs are identical, perfect for those who want good sound quality and an excellent microphone. The Evolve2 65 is a wireless model so that you can connect it with a dongle to a computer or other devices with Bluetooth.
- PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 65 wireless headphones feature superior passive noise cancellation thanks to the enhanced memory foam padding and new angled design that cancels 48% more of the noise around you
- BIGGER & BETTER SOUND – This business headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls & music; Plus, the enhanced 3-microphone call technology means 23% less background conversation noise on your calls
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BATTERY LIFE – The Evolve2 65 telework headset provides up to 37 hours of battery life on a single charge; With a 15-minute charge giving you up to 8 hours of use, they’re on-ear headphones built to keep pace with your busy schedule
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – When it comes to your wireless headset, true luxury is forgetting it’s there; Made with durable, premium materials, the soft memory foam cushions mold to your ears’ natural contours for incredible all-day comfort
- PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 40 wired headset features superior passive noise cancellation thanks to the enhanced memory foam padding and new angled design that cancels 48% more of the noise around you
- BIGGER & BETTER SOUND – This telephone headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls & music; Plus, the enhanced 3-microphone call technology means 35% less background conversation noise on your calls
- MORE VISIBLE BUSYLIGHT – We’ve taken our busylight to a whole new level, making it visible from any direction; The red light on this corded headset is automatically or manually activated, so you’re protected from all angles, all interruptions
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – We set out to make a headset that would feel so great, you’d forget you were even wearing it; With soft memory foam cushions that mold to your ears’ natural contours, you’ll experience just that with this Jabra headset
There is no wrong choice between the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 40 because they are equally exciting. We recommend the Evolve2 65 because it is more convenient since you can connect it to various devices through Bluetooth. The price difference is minimal, so you should get this variant because the battery life is also impressive, and chances are you dont need to recharge often.