Jabra is a famous audio products manufacturer with varying options to consider. The Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 85 are some of the best headsets and headphones you can buy today. While the model names are identical, the features and design are different, which may affect your application. Today we will see what these headsets can offer, the differences, and which you may like better.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85?
- How is the Design of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85?
- How is the Sound Quality from Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85?
- How is the Microphone on Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85?
- What are the Features of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85?
- How is the Battery Life of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85?
- Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 85
- Which Jabra Headset to Buy?
|Jabra Evolve2 65||Jabra Evolve2 85
|Product Dimensions ||7.48 x 2.64 x 5.71 inches|
|19.69 x 19.69 x 11.02 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85
Do you need a new headset? The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 are some of the best headsets to consider if you want good sound quality and comfort. These headsets are different because they are made for different users, and you may like one better. Headsets have a built-in microphone, usually a boom mic with an adjustable angle. On the other hand, headphones also have a built-in microphone, but they are usually more streamlined and not obvious. While headsets are mostly for office and gaming, the headphones are more versatile for casual applications.
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 differ based on the users because one is a headset, and the other is more like a headphone. You can choose the Evolve2 65 for office use, while the Evolve2 85 is best for casual applications like listening to music or other entertainment, especially when you are outdoors. The price is also different, with the Evolve2 65 being much cheaper because it is the basic model. If you want more features, the Evolve2 85 is the best choice. Read also: Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Poly Voyager Focus 2.
We recommend the Evolve2 85 if you want more features, such as the ANC and a more stylish design. This headset doesn’t have a boom microphone like the typical office headsets, including the Evolve2 65. Which is better, the Jabra Evolve2 65 or Evolve2 85? The answer may vary because we may have different preferences, but we recommend the Evolve2 65 for office use and the Evolve2 85 for those who want to use the headphone for entertainment only.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 Design
As you can see, the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 are different. The Evolve2 85 is a much bigger headphone because the earcups are larger with an over-ear design, while the Evolve2 65 is slimmer with an on-ear design. While the Evolve2 85 is a headphone, the boom mic is foldable and thinner than the Evolve2 65. These headsets have padded headbands, but the Evolve2 85 is thicker and feels more premium. These headsets are wireless and Bluetooth, so you can connect them using the dongle or wirelessly.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 Sound Quality
The sound technology is the first part to see in a headset, or headphones is the sound quality. Like most models in the lineup, the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 use the same driver or 40mm speaker, producing a clean and detailed sound quality for your communication and music. This driver is bigger than typical speakers on office headsets, making them more satisfying for music as these headsets are more prominent on the bass range. The overall sound quality is similar, but the isolation is better on the Evolve2 85.
We also love that Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 have built-in controls for music listeners. There are a few buttons on the earcups to adjust the volume and navigate the playlist, making them more versatile for professional and casual use.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 Microphone
The next part we want to discuss is the microphone because it is crucial to determine the overall performance. The first difference is microphone design because while Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 have a flipping microphone, the latter is more streamlined when stored. There is a small slot on the headset’s earcups where the microphone lies when not in use, and you can open it again when talking with someone. On the other hand, the Evolve2 65 has smaller earcups, so the microphone is more obvious even when folded.
Second, the microphone setup differs, with Evolve2 65 having three digital MEMS and Evolve2 65 having four analog and six digital MEMS. The performance varies as the higher model produces a cleaner voice thanks to the more advanced technology, especially in eliminating background noise. Overall we have no complaints about the microphone’s ability, but the Evolve2 85 can be a better choice if you want more effective noise cancelation.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 Features
As for the features, the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 differ because the latter offers more, especially in providing more pleasant music listening sessions. This headset or headphone has active noise cancellation, meaning it has the technology to counter the ambient noise from external sources while the headphone is active. The performance may not be on par with the best noise-canceling headphones like those from Sony or Sennheiser, but it is still excellent for the price. Read also: Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 75.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 Battery Life
We also want to see the battery life because Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 are wireless and require charging. Unlike the more basic models, these two come with a charging dock that you can put on the table. The actual performance may vary based on the applications, but the Evolve2 65 should last for 37 hours for music and 35 hours for talking. On the other hand, the Evolve2 85 lasts for 37 hours for music or 32 hours when the ANC is active, and 30 hours for talking or 20 hours with ANC.
Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Evolve2 85
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 are some of the best headsets. Depending on your application, the choice may vary. The Evolve2 65 headset has an adjustable microphone and an on-ear design. This model is lighter and best for office use, but the sound quality is impressive for music-listening sessions. The Evolve2 85 is better for those who mix the office and casual use, people who wear the headphone while commuting, and prefer an over-ear design because it is generally more effective at blocking noise. This headset also has a better microphone setup.
- PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 65 wireless headphones feature superior passive noise cancellation thanks to the enhanced memory foam padding and new angled design that cancels 48% more of the noise around you
- BIGGER & BETTER SOUND – This business headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls & music; Plus, the enhanced 3-microphone call technology means 23% less background conversation noise on your calls
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BATTERY LIFE – The Evolve2 65 telework headset provides up to 37 hours of battery life on a single charge; With a 15-minute charge giving you up to 8 hours of use, they’re on-ear headphones built to keep pace with your busy schedule
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – When it comes to your wireless headset, true luxury is forgetting it’s there; Made with durable, premium materials, the soft memory foam cushions mold to your ears’ natural contours for incredible all-day comfort
- OUTSTANDING NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 85 wireless headphones offer enhanced memory foam padding and improved ANC that cancels 54% more of the noise around you. Plus, they are made with durable, premium materials for supreme comfort
- BIGGER & BETTER SOUND – This business headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls & music. Experience a whole new standard of calls on the go with 10 built-in microphones for absolute clarity, every time
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BATTERY LIFE – The Evolve2 85 telework headset provides up to 37 hours of battery life on a single charge. With a 15-minute charge giving you up to 8 hours of use, it’s a wireless headset designed to help you power through your week
- HIDDEN BOOM ARM – The foldable boom arm paired with the contemporary casual design of this Bluetooth headset means you’ll get professional sounding calls in the office and on the go. Plus, the new and improved busylight is more visible than ever before
There is no wrong choice between Jabra Evolve2 65 and Evolve2 85 because they are equally impressive. The decision is yours, and we recommend the Evolve2 65 for office users who will stay in the office and dont plan on wearing the headset outdoors. The Evolve2 85 is more suitable for your hybrid device as it works for outdoor and casual applications. The styling is similar to most headphones, so you can wear it while commuting and enjoying other entertainment.