A headset or headphones can be crucial for communication and entertainment, especially if you often make or receive calls. The Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Sony WH-1000XM4 are some of the best options you can buy today, but they are made for different users, and while they produce good sound and carry an impressive microphone, the two differ based on the design, features, and performance. Today we will see what they can offer and which fits your application best.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4?
- How is the Design of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4?
- How is the Sound Quality of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4?
- How is the Microphone of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4?
- What are the Features of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4?
- How is the Battery Life in Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4?
- Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Sony WH-1000XM4
- Which Headphone or Headset to Buy?
|Jabra Evolve2 65||Sony WH-1000XM4
|Product Dimensions ||7.48 x 2.64 x 5.71 inches|
|7.27 x 3.03 x 9.94 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4
Do you need a new headphones or headset? Many wonder about the difference, and they are undoubtedly similar but different. We can see a headset as a headphone with a built-in boom microphone because most headphones have a microphone; they are just concealed with a small hole inside the main housing. Modern laptops also have a built-in microphone, usually inferior to an external microphone and headset. While the headset is mainly for a stationary setup, the headphone is more versatile for outdoors and traveling.
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 are excellent devices to add to your setup, but they are different and made for different users. Most are familiar with WH-1000XM4 as one of the best noise-canceling headphones available. You can check our comparison for the headset in Sony WF-1000XM4 Vs WH-1000XM4. As expected, the best part of this headphone is the ANC, which works impressively well, blocking ambient noise while you listen to music. The Sony WH-1000XM4 is a headphone with a concealed built-in microphone.
On the other hand, the Jabra Evolve2 65 is an office headset. This model has a non-removable built-in microphone mounted on the adjustable boom wand. ANC is another major difference between the WH-1000XM4 and the Evolve2 65 because this feature is missing from the latter as it is a basic model. Of course, Jabra has other headsets with the feature, such as the Evolve2 75, but the performance is not on par with headphones crafted specifically for music and active noise canceling.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 Design
The design is also different since the Jabra Evolve2 65, and Sony WH-1000XM4 are made for different users. As you can see, the WH-1000XM4 is bulkier, with larger earcups and thicker material surrounding the headband. While the Sony headphone adopts an over-ear design, the Evolve2 65 has on-ear earcups, making it slimmer and lighter. These devices are wireless, and you can connect them to other smart devices like laptops, tablets, and smartphones, but Evolve2 65 also works wirelessly with a USB dongle.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 Sound Quality
One of the crucial parts of your headphone and headsets is the sound quality. The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 are different in this category, and while the Evolve2 65 is one of the best among similar headsets, it is still not ideal for enthusiasts who want a more balanced sound profile. The bass is stronger, and while we dont hear any distortion in higher volumes, the clarity becomes lower than in moderate volumes. We are surprised that this headset is very pleasant for most genres.
The Sony WH-1000XM4 is not the best headphone for purists, but it is versatile for most people. The best thing about this headphone is that you can adjust the equalizer from the accompanying app, meaning everyone can tweak the settings and sound delivery according to their taste. Besides the music, we dont have any complaints about the speech because these two are perfect. You should hear a clean and crisp voice while making or receiving calls.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 Microphone
The next major difference is the microphone, which is more on the design and features than quality. The microphones are equally impressive, especially for the cheaper Evolve2 65, because it reduces noise to capture cleaner speech even in a room with many people doing their jobs. The Sony WH-1000XM4’s microphone is on another level because while it lacks a boom wand, the accompanying app lets you adjust the frequency range so the mic only captures the human’s voice frequency range.
In addition, the Sony WH-1000XM4 has a unique feature, Speak-to-Chat, which detects when you are speaking into the microphone and automatically reduce the speaker’s volume so you can hear your voice and other people’s response to the conversation. This feature is usually off in preset, so ensure to activate it on the app.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 Feature
We suggest getting the Sony WH-1000XM4 if your application is more casual because this headphone also has active noise canceling and is one of the best you can buy today. The active noise canceling is impressive, especially against low constant noise such as engine sound and construction noises. However, you can still hear some high-pitched voices while the feature is active. For safety purposes, we dont recommend activating this feature while commuting so you can still be aware of the surrounding. The ANC also benefits from the thick over-ear passive sealing of the headphone’s design. Read also: Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Plantronics Voyager Focus.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 Battery
Lastly, we want to see the battery life of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4. Since these two are wireless, you will need to recharge occasionally. Battery life often varies depending on the applications, settings, and volume levels. Jabra claims the Evolve2 65 has a battery life of up to 37 hours when playing music and 35 hours with the microphone active. On the other hand, Sony said that the WH-1000XM4 should last for 33 hours for regular use and 22 hours when the ANC is active.
Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Sony WH-1000XM4
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM4 are some of the best headphones or headsets you can buy today, but they differ in their application and typical use. The Evolve2 65 is an office headset, perfect for calls and occasional entertainment, while the WH-1000XM4 focuses on the entertainment part as its ANC help blocks outside noise while you enjoy the music. The WH-1000XM4 is also more expensive and has more features with the accompanying app.
- PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 65 wireless headphones feature superior passive noise cancellation thanks to the enhanced memory foam padding and new angled design that cancels 48% more of the noise around you
- BIGGER & BETTER SOUND – This business headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls & music; Plus, the enhanced 3-microphone call technology means 23% less background conversation noise on your calls
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BATTERY LIFE – The Evolve2 65 telework headset provides up to 37 hours of battery life on a single charge; With a 15-minute charge giving you up to 8 hours of use, they’re on-ear headphones built to keep pace with your busy schedule
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – When it comes to your wireless headset, true luxury is forgetting it’s there; Made with durable, premium materials, the soft memory foam cushions mold to your ears’ natural contours for incredible all-day comfort
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- The WH1000XM4 Touch Sensor controls to pause play skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls.
The decision is yours because we may have different applications. We recommend the Evolve2 65 for those who only use the device in the office or at home while working and often make or receive calls. On the other hand, the WH-1000XM4 is perfect for you who listen to music casually and outdoors while commuting or traveling because its extensive features enrich your experience.