Your headset is crucial for those making and receiving calls daily, but you may wonder which to buy between a headset and headphones, like Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Sony WH-1000XM5. These devices have the same functions but are made for different users, and you may like one better, especially with the extensive price difference. Today we will see what the two can offer, similarities, and differences so you can choose wisely.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5?
- How is the Design of Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5?
- How is the Sound Quality on Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5?
- How is the Microphone Quality on Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5?
- How is the Connectivity Mode in Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5?
- How is the Battery Life on Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5?
- Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Sony WH-1000XM5
- Which Headset to Buy?
|Jabra Evolve2 65||Sony WH-1000XM5
|Product Dimensions ||7.48 x 2.64 x 5.71 inches|
|8.85 x 3.03 x 10.36 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5
What are the differences between a headset and headphones? The two may be similar, but you can easily set them apart based on the microphone. A headset has a dedicated microphone mounted on a boom wand or cable, while headphones also have a microphone but are concealed inside the housing. In general, the headset is better for making and receiving calls. At the same time, the headphones are best for versatility since you can wear them almost anywhere as the design is more compact with no protruding parts. Read also: Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs AirPods Pro.
Which should you get between Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5? The two are made for different users because the Evolve2 65 is an office headset, best for stationary setups like in the office or your home office. The WH-1000XM5 is one of the best noise-canceling headphones available. It is best for travelers or users who focus on the music listening experience, especially those who spend their time in public places like the gym, office, or outdoor activities. Of course, you can still use the headphones for calls, but its microphone is less impressive than Evolve2 65.
Price point can also be a crucial factor, and WH-1000XM5 is much more expensive or about twice the Evolve2 65, which is not cheap either. These options are equally fantastic, but for different people, we recommend the Evolve2 65 with its excellent microphone if your primary concern is call quality. At the same time, we suggest the WH-1000XM5 for travelers and casual users who focus on the music listening experience and need ANC on the headphone because this feature is unavailable on the Jabra model.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 Design
Another difference between Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 is the design. As you can see, the WH-1000XM5 is a bulkier headphone, and its design is over-ear, providing a better seal. The Evolve2 65 is lighter and thinner with an on-ear design meaning the earcups sit on the ears. This headset has a swiveling microphone that you can flip upward when unused. An LED light on the earcup tells others you are on a call. Both options are wireless and include physical buttons on the earcups to navigate the playlist and other features.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 Sound Quality
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 deliver different sound performances because they have different focuses. Suppose your primary activity is music listening or entertainment. In that case, the WH-1000XM5 is much better because its sound quality is superior with better consistency and is surprisingly fantastic on the mid and treble range, while the bass left some to be desired. The Evolve2 65 is okay on the headphone as it is much better than many office headsets, but the sound quality relies too much on the positioning.
Similarly, this headset is more satisfying in the mid and high-frequency range, but the bass frequency is still good; you may have to find the best position when wearing it as it affects the sound delivery. The WH-1000XM5 is still better overall, thanks to its active noise canceling, so you dont have to worry that the background noise gets into the headphone and mess with the song.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 Microphone
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 are also different on the microphone part, and this time, the Evolve2 65 leads the game because it has a much better and cleaner microphone. The microphone mounted on a boom wand is typically better because it is closer to your mouth and, thus, better at removing the background noise. The Evolve2 65 has noise-canceling technology on the microphone that captures your voice while ignoring the rest, and it works fantastically. Your voice should be clean, full-bodied, and clear enough for the other parties to hear.
The WH-1000XM5 has a decent microphone but is prone to static noise and not as clean as the Evolve2 65. We also find that the microphone quality varies depending on the platform because this headphone sounds better on a computer while worse when connected to a smartphone.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 Connectivity
Regarding connectivity, the Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 also vary. These headphones are wireless headsets and can connect to your primary device through Bluetooth. Still, the Evolve2 65 is more versatile because this model also includes a dongle for your computer in case it has no Bluetooth and via a USB cable when the battery runs low. As for smartphones, both options are compatible with most phones with Bluetooth, but the performance and compatibility may vary based on the operating system and software.
Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 Battery Life
Lastly, we want to see the battery life in Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 because you need to charge them occasionally. Jabra claims that the Evolve2 65 has a long battery life of up to 37 hours for music listening and 35 hours when making calls or 24 hours with the busy light active. On the other hand, the WH-1000XM5 is advertised for 30 hours with an active noise-canceling feature. But the actual performance may vary since we usually get around 27 hours of continuous listening for each charge. Read also: Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Poly Voyager 4320.
Jabra Evolve2 65 Vs Sony WH-1000XM5
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and Sony WH-1000XM5 are different devices for different users. We recommend the Evolve2 65 for a stationary setup and only use the headset indoors because it provides excellent microphone quality, impressive headphone performance, and long battery life. The Sony WH-1000XM5 is one of the best ANC headphones you can buy today, with fantastic ANC performance and outstanding sound quality. The headphone is best for travelers and outdoor activities.
- PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 65 wireless headphones feature superior passive noise cancellation thanks to the enhanced memory foam padding and new angled design that cancels 48% more of the noise around you
- BIGGER & BETTER SOUND – This business headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls & music; Plus, the enhanced 3-microphone call technology means 23% less background conversation noise on your calls
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BATTERY LIFE – The Evolve2 65 telework headset provides up to 37 hours of battery life on a single charge; With a 15-minute charge giving you up to 8 hours of use, they’re on-ear headphones built to keep pace with your busy schedule
- ALL-DAY COMFORT – When it comes to your wireless headset, true luxury is forgetting it’s there; Made with durable, premium materials, the soft memory foam cushions mold to your ears’ natural contours for incredible all-day comfort
- Industry Leading noise cancellation-two processors control 8 microphones for unprecedented noise cancellation. With Auto NC Optimizer, noise canceling is automatically optimized based on your wearing conditions and environment.
- Magnificent Sound, engineered to perfection with the new Integrated Processor V1
- Crystal clear hands-free calling with 4 beamforming microphones, precise voice pickup, and advanced audio signal processing.
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (3 min charge for 3 hours of playback).
The decision is yours because we may have different preferences. We recommend the Evolve2 65 for indoor setup and if you want the best microphone quality for calls because it is cleaner and sounds more natural. On the other hand, we suggest the WH-1000XM5 for travelers and everyone who wears the headphone outdoors because it is more convenient. The ANC feature is also excellent if you often use headphones in a crowded place.