Your headset or headphones microphone is crucial to improve sound quality, especially speech. The Poly Voyager Focus 2 Vs Jabra Evolve2 85 are similar options with the same abilities and versatility, but the design sets them apart, and you may like one better. The choice between a headset and headphones may vary, so today, we will see what they can offer, the similarities and differences, and which fits you best.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85?
- How is the Design of Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85?
- How is the Sound Quality from Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85?
- How is the Microphone in Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85?
- How is the Connectivity Mode in Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85?
- How is the Battery Life of Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85?
- Poly Voyager Focus 2 Vs Jabra Evolve2 85
- Which Headset to Buy?
|Poly Voyager Focus 2||Jabra Evolve2 85
|Product Dimensions ||4 x 5 x 2.8 inches|
|19.69 x 19.69 x 11.02 inches
|Shipping Weight||6.2 ounces|
|Best Offer||click here||click here
About the Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85
Plantronics and Jabra are no strangers as they are well-known audio gear manufacturers, especially compact devices like headsets and headphones. While offering similar products, these companies vary in performance and features. Some may wonder which listening device they should choose between the Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85. These models are different due to the design and price. Depending on your application, the Focus 2 or Evolve2 85 can be significantly better. The Focus2 is generally best for office settings, while Evolve2 85 is more versatile.
The Focus 2 is a famous headset and is best for office setup. This headset has a boom microphone that swivels near the month or upward to get out of the way. We love this headset because it is often more affordable, with active noise canceling and noise reduction. This headset is perfect for those working in an office or from their home where other people are around. The on-ear design is suitable for the application because it won’t seal your ears like over-ear headphones. Read also: Poly Voyager Focus 2 Vs Jabra Evolve 65.
On the other hand, the Evolve2 85 is a headphone with a bulkier design, especially the earcups. The headphones are better for immersion because it covers your ears better, and as with most similar options, the Evolve2 85 is best for entertainment. However, the headphones have a built-in microphone you can stow away when unused. The headphones are more expensive but more versatile, making them more compatible for those who use the device indoors and outdoors.
Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 Design
As you can see, the main difference between Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 is the design. The Focus2 is a headset with an on-ear design and is lighter if you prefer something lighter or used for a prolonged time. The Evolve2 85 is heavier and bulkier, but we love the over-ear design because it is best for immersion. The build quality is equally good, but Evolve2 85 feels more robust. These models are wireless and are compatible with other smart devices through Bluetooth.
Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 Sound Quality
We first want to see the sound quality because the Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 are made for different users. Focus 2 is better than similar office headsets because the sound quality is good, especially in the mid and high-frequency range. The main difference with Evolve2 85 is the sound quality because the latter is impressive and much better. The Evolve2 85 has a more capable driver to deliver a detailed and satisfying sound in all frequency ranges. The bass is also impressive, thanks to the over-ear design.
The Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 also have active noise canceling. However, the performance differs because the Evolve2 85 is better. After all, the earcups are larger. The larger earcups are helpful because they can seal the ears better from outside noise. The headphones combine passive and active noise canceling, delivering a more effective performance. We find it effective for low rumbling or constant noise while also working well for people chatting.
Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 Microphone
Next is the microphone quality because it is similarly crucial. The Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 are different despite having a dedicated microphone because Focus 2 is much better in clarity. This microphone is mounted on a swiveling wand and features noise reduction to prevent background noise from entering the mic. The result is a clean and full-bodied voice, one of the best we have heard from similar offerings. On the other hand, the Evolve2 85 has a folding microphone.
The microphone is also mounted on a wand; you can fold it back to the ear cup when unused. However, the quality is lower than the Focus 2 because it still captures some background and wind noise. We dont have any issue understanding the speech, but you may want a better microphone for professional-level calls and conferences.
Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 Connectivity
As for the connectivity, the Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 are identical. While the Evolve2 85 looks like a regular headphone, the included connector is a USB, meaning you can use it wired with a PC or laptop but only through Bluetooth for mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. The purchase includes a Bluetooth adapter for your PC and laptop, and each headset can simultaneously connect to two devices; the connectivity mode is very similar. These headsets should work with most operating systems, including iOS and Android.
Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 Battery Life
We also want to see the battery life in Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85. Jabra claims that the Evolve2 85 last for 57 hours which is excellent because most people dont recharge their headphones daily. Similarly, the Focus 2 is long-lasting but not as long as the Evolve2 85. This headset should last 25 hours when the ANC is inactive or 20 hours when it is active. Your experience may vary because battery life relies on various factors, including the application and volume level. Read also: Poly Voyager Focus 2 Vs Focus UC.
Poly Voyager Focus 2 Vs Jabra Evolve2 85
The Poly Voyager Focus 2 and Jabra Evolve2 85 are good headsets if you want the best performance, but they differ based on sound quality and overall performance. The Focus 2 is smaller and lightweight, with an on-ear design to cover the ears. The Evolve2 85 is an over-ear headphones with a larger build and better active noise canceling. The sound quality is better with a high-end driver and larger earcups.
- Audio performance: Adjust the noise canceling level for your personal preference with three options of Advanced Digital Hybrid active noise canceling (ANC)—high, low and off.Connector Type:USB Type A
- Poly Acoustic Fence technology: Advanced multi-microphone noise canceling so callers hear you and not your surroundings
- Smart technology: Dynamic Mute Alert tells you if you speak while muted
- Comfort: Lightweight headband with sling and plush ear cushions for all-day comfort
- OUTSTANDING NOISE CANCELLATION – Jabra Evolve2 85 wireless headphones offer enhanced memory foam padding and improved ANC that cancels 54% more of the noise around you. Plus, they are made with durable, premium materials for supreme comfort
- BIGGER & BETTER SOUND – This business headset has powerful leak-tolerate 40mm speakers for rich, high definition audio for calls & music. Experience a whole new standard of calls on the go with 10 built-in microphones for absolute clarity, every time
- INDUSTRY-LEADING BATTERY LIFE – The Evolve2 85 telework headset provides up to 37 hours of battery life on a single charge. With a 15-minute charge giving you up to 8 hours of use, it’s a wireless headset designed to help you power through your week
- HIDDEN BOOM ARM – The foldable boom arm paired with the contemporary casual design of this Bluetooth headset means you’ll get professional sounding calls in the office and on the go. Plus, the new and improved busylight is more visible than ever before
The decision is yours because we may have different preferences. We recommend the Focus 2 for office use because it is smaller and more compatible with the settings. This headset is excellent, with good sound quality and a microphone at an affordable price. We suggest the Evolve2 85 for those who want better immersion because it has an over-ear design and better sound delivery, perfect for those who love listening to music.