If you’re in the market for a new pair of earbuds and value noise-canceling technology, then you may have come across the Sony WF-1000XM4 Vs Samsung Buds 2 Pro. Both of these earbuds offer advanced noise-canceling capabilities and promise to deliver high-quality audio experiences. But which one is right for you? In this article, we will compare both earbuds to help you make an informed decision.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro?
- How is the Design of Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro?
- How is the Noise Canceling in Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro?
- How is the Sound Quality of Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro?
- How is the Battery Life of Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro?
- What are the Features of Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro?
- How is the Connectivity in Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro?
- Which Noise Canceling Earbuds to Buy?
|Sony WF-1000XM4||Samsung Buds 2 Pro
|Product Dimensions ||3.7 x 2.56 x 3.39 inches|
|1.97 x 1.98 x 1.09 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.4 ounces|
|Shop now at Amazon||click here||click here
About Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro
The Sony WF-1000XM4 has received a number of upgrades, including a new audio processor (the Sony V1) that delivers improved sound clarity and active noise cancellation. In addition, these earbuds feature a new and more ergonomic design, setting them apart from their highly-regarded predecessor, the Sony WF-1000XM3. Although these Sony earbuds have been on the market for some time, they are still priced at the higher end of the wireless earbuds market, despite some competitors having already released their second generation models.
During Samsung’s summer Unpacked event, the company announced the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro as their latest flagship wireless earbuds, replacing the highly regarded Galaxy Buds Pro. The new model features a range of enhancements while retaining several proprietary technologies that were instrumental in previous Galaxy Buds’ commercial success. Read also: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II Vs Bose QuietComfort Earbuds.
The Galaxy Buds 2 Pro comes with a number of new features, including 24-bit HiFi Sound, Bluetooth 5.3, stronger active noise cancellation (ANC), and a pressure-reducing design. Additionally, the earbuds restore several popular features, such as 3D sound, Bixby voice activation, customizable sound settings, one-tap pairing with Samsung devices, reverse wireless charging, and many other smart controls.
Design and Comfort
Let’s start with the design and comfort of these earbuds. The Sony WF-1000XM4 has a bubbly shape, with a small and lightweight body that fits comfortably in your ear. The earbuds come with a range of ear tips, allowing you to find the perfect fit for your ear size. On the other hand, the Samsung Buds 2 Pro is smaller and it won’t feel as thick on your ears. Comfort is subjective, but the Buds 2 Pro is better for those who prefer a more streamlined design.
Now let’s talk about noise canceling. Both the Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro use advanced noise-canceling technology to block out external sounds. However, the Sony WF-1000XM4 has been touted as having the best noise canceling capabilities in the market, thanks to its new V1 processor. The earbuds use dual noise sensor technology to cancel out noise in all directions, providing a truly immersive audio experience. The Samsung Buds 2 Pro, on the other hand, uses active noise canceling to block out sounds, which is not as effective as the Sony’s but works well for most situations.
When it comes to sound quality, both earbuds deliver impressive results. The Sony WF-1000XM4 has a dynamic soundstage, with rich and detailed audio that is perfect for music enthusiasts. The earbuds support high-resolution audio and have a wide frequency response range. The Samsung Buds 2 Pro also delivers high-quality audio, with a balanced soundstage that is ideal for audiobooks and podcasts. However, the bass may not be as pronounced as on the Sony WF-1000XM4.
Battery life is an essential consideration when choosing earbuds, and both the Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro offer impressive performance. The Sony WF-1000XM4 can provide up to 8 hours of battery life on a single charge, with an additional 16 hours of battery life provided by the charging case. The Samsung Buds 2 Pro can last up to 5 hours on a single charge, with an additional 24 hours provided by the charging case.
Both the Sony WF-1000XM4 and the Samsung Buds 2 Pro offer a variety of additional features that make them stand out from the competition. The Sony WF-1000XM4 features Speak-to-Chat, which automatically pauses your music when you start speaking, and Quick Attention, which allows you to hear your surroundings without removing your earbuds. The Samsung Buds 2 Pro features a 360 Audio feature that provides a cinematic audio experience and touch controls for easy navigation. Read also: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II Vs Samsung Buds Pro 2.
Finally, let’s talk about connectivity. Both earbuds use Bluetooth technology to connect to your device, and they support high-quality audio codecs like LDAC and AAC. However, the Sony WF-1000XM4 has been praised for its reliable and stable connectivity, with minimal dropouts and latency issues. The Samsung Buds 2 Pro is also reliable and seamless especially if you also pair them with newer Samsung devices.
- Industry-leading noise canceling bluetooth earbuds with the new Integrated Processor V1
- Exceptional sound quality with new Integrated Processor V1 and supporting LDAC codec.
- Crystal-clear call quality, beamforming microphone and a bone-conduction sensor provide clear voice detection even in noisy environments
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations.Note:If you face issue in Bluetooth connectivity please turn off the Bluetooth function for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: Reduce unwanted noise with Galaxy Buds2 Pro; They use Intelligent Active Noise Cancellation* to quiet even the loudest outside sounds; Tune in to what matters most without being bothered by distracting sounds around you.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- HI-FI SOUND QUALITY: Studio quality sound isn’t just for the pros; Feel every note like you’re there with Galaxy Buds2 Pro** and get a next-level listening experience, whether you’re rocking out to your playlist or staying informed with a podcast
- ENHANCED 360-DEGREE AUDIO: Amplify what you like; Minimize what you don’t; Enhanced 360-degree audio** brings out the tones you love from every angle for a personalized surround sound experience every time you pop them in
- EXCELLENT FIT: Pop ‘em in and forget they’re there; Galaxy Buds2 Pro are earbuds designed to be even more comfortable than before and fit securely no matter what you’re doing; Whether for your work or workout, make all your moves comfortably
In conclusion, both the Sony WF-1000XM4 and Samsung Buds 2 Pro are excellent choices for anyone looking for noise-canceling earbuds. The Sony WF-1000XM4 has an arguably less comfy design, but it has an advanced noise canceling and excellent sound quality. The Samsung Buds 2 Pro also delivers high-quality audio and noise canceling capabilities, but it is still below the WF-1000XM4 yet its smaller build is more comfortable for most people.